Introductions are an awkward thing, aren’t they? Pen poised to paper, you wonder: do I go ‘Hi’? (too informal) ‘Hello’? (too formal) ‘Morning’? (too time-specific) ‘Good day ladies and gentlemen’? (a bit dramatic. But actually I’m a dramatic person, so let’s go with that.)
Good day ladies and gentlemen!
Welcome! Welcome to my blog.
I think the whole point of blogging (or a large part of it) is so that you can express your thoughts and feelings somewhat anonymously, so I won’t bother too much with specifics. A few key points that I find, well, key:
- You’ve figured out my gender, I think.
- Age? Hmm… now that’s a tricky one. Let’s say mid-20s.*
- *[June 2019 update] I quite like the idea of freezing this page in time so I’ve chosen to augment rather than edit. I’m now on the cusp of entering my 30s and feel as young (and sometimes childish, but in a good way) as ever!
- Occupation? I’d like to say full-time student**, but I’m not really. It’s complicated. All you need to know is that my blogging isn’t endangering my job security. No matter how much time I appear to be spending on it. I write fast. And I procrastinate efficiently.
- **[October 2014 update] I like writing for you guys so much I’ve chosen a career in digital. Say hello to a newly-employed Internet Marketing Analyst! *fireworks*
- **[June 2019 update] So, that career in digital was short-lived for very dramatic reasons that I will gladly share in person. For some years now I’ve been working in people development and also (and I’m duper proud of this) subtitle-translationing (yup, I made up a word) on the side! *mega fireworks*
- Origin? Now, that’s a bit too much labelling, don’t you think? I think my origin will become quite clear as you read about various bits of my life, good and bad. Not sure where to start? This is as good a place as any.
Incidentally, this is not my first time blogging. A decade ago, I had a rather unfortunate page on a disused blogging website. Why unfortunate? Well, I was young(er). Lack of self-discipline + teenage hormones + immaturity = a sorry page of a blog. I’d like to think I’ll do better this time. We’ll see. Time will be the judge of it.
If you would like to get in touch, please do. I don’t bite. And I will endeavour to respond to all comments that adhere to house rules. Criticisms and suggestions are welcome. Suggestions of topics you want me to write about also welcome! 🙂
Have a happy day/lovely evening [choose as appropriate] everyone!